ARTIUM, Basque Museum-Centre of Contemporary Art
is looking for an
Assistant Art Manager
Candidates should have:
- A higher university degree. Preference will be given to candidates with specialised training in the skills needed for the post.
- Three years experience in a similar post of responsibility in a public or private institution or as a coordinator of cultural projects.
- A thorough knowledge of the International, Spanish and Basque contemporary art scenes.
- The ability to establish and strengthen national and international contacts.
- The ability to write original texts assessing or interpreting art and culture.
- A creative, decisive and dynamic character and the capacity to propose original projects that have not been tried before in the area of contemporary art.
- Leadership and teamwork skills.
- A good command of English. Knowledge of Basque and other languages will be considered an advantage.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to participate in a leading cultural institution where it is possible to develop an interesting professional project.
- Immediate appointment at an annual salary of approx. € 60,200 before tax.
The closing date for application is 7 May, 2010. Replies will only be sent to pre-selected candidates. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae (maximum two sides of A4) and an essay briefly defining their general view of the current situation in art, culture, museums and society (maximum 3 sides of A4). In the essay, they may also outline projects, lines of action or programmes they would be interested in developing and objectives they would wish to achieve. These may be based on the general project “Naturalisation Strategies” written by the Director of Artium .
Applications should be marked REF. 0110 and addressed to ARTIUM, Departamento de RR.HH., Francia 24, 01002 Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain) or sent by e-mail to email@example.com
All information received will be treated in accordance with Spanish Law 15/1999 of December 13 on the protection of personal data.